Skip to main content

Chillin' and Relaxin' - Onicia Update - April 2018

Lead Image 2018

Yes, I'm alive. Just hanging around, enjoying my social media break, and waiting for spring. Um, should I say more? Nah, that's all I gotta say today. Got something I should see or someone I should collaborate with? Email me or shout at me on Twitter.

Published Writings

6 Lessons Learned Adapting My Feature Script into a Radio Drama (La-Screenwriter)
Writing is not just sitting at your computer and typing. We develop stories and characters while doing everyday activities.

JBF: Mr. Sowell Ain’t Doing So Well – Part 1 (The Daily Herald)
Aw, look at God giving me the opportunity to bless someone’s grandpa.

JBF: Mr. Sowell’s Brand New Ride - Part 2 (The Daily Herald)
What kind of Charmin’-Ultra-struggle flirting was going on?



Fangirlin'

Here are cool things I found online!

Stop Hitting Snooze on Your Wake Up Call (Breaking the Piggy Bank)
The first step in a lot of recovery programs is to admit that you have a problem. I think the same concept can apply to admitting that we have trouble with our finances before being able to move forward.

Lock Up That Dick (iO Comedy Network/Standard Delivery)
Collette Gregory and the Standard Delivery team created this music video. This video is funny, but sexual assault isn't! April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.



Meet PHotographer Elizabeth McQuern (Voyage Chicago)
"The thing people tend to say most about my photography is that my subjects always look very relaxed, and you can see their true personality shining through, and that makes me very happy because that’s a big goal of mine."

Just 18 Funny Tweets for College Students (SMOSH/Ashley Moon)
If you are about to go to or are currently in college, you have our deepest condolences. Gone is the schedule of a healthy, sane person. Welcome to cup noodles and all-nighters with sh*tty coffee and awful professors who don’t give a flying f*ck about anything except their next cigarette. Enjoy your two to 10 year stay and laugh your way through the collegiate pain with these tweets.



Chi-Town Comedy Chat: KT Speetzen Is One Hilarious Mother Clucker (Rebellious Magazine)
After spending any amount of time with KT Speetzen, you find yourself awash in enthusiasm. The award-winning former teacher-turned stand-up comedian – who fills the Chicago suburb of La Grange with laughter as the founder and host of The Mother Cluckers – has a knack for empowering all in her orbit.



The Pretty Witty Podcast: Brown-less
This week we discuss how Taylor Swift may have deaded the Deadpool series, California making moves to keep restaurant workers safe, Olivia de Haviland's legal feud with Feud, and cis-hetero women and situational homophobia. Cheers!

Demystifying mental wellness in the Caribbean (Carry On Friends)
Shawna Marie Aarons-Cooke is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist who knows the stigma of mental wellness in the Caribbean Community.

Do you make cool things? Let's collaborate! 


Previous Onicia Update
Previous Hey Onicia
Want to join my club of consensual stalkers? Subscribe!
Created on St. Maarten. Based in Chicago. Onicia Muller (@OniciaMuller) writes, says funny things, and enjoys hanging with creative minds. 
Support the arts by buying me ice cream or telling your Twitter homies.

Popular posts from this blog

Add to cart button

Doing Coke on the Bus - Just Being Funny

The shenanigans of everyday public transportation never cease to amaze me. I thought the reckless driving of Mexican bus red drivers was the most exciting thing ever. I thought the train jumping of suicidal Dutchman was the most annoying thing. However, Chicago riders take the cake. We're on our way to the south side for some authentic Chicago barbecue when a mad driver in a minivan rear-ends the bus. Instead of stopping, they then squeeze between us and the parked cars. This is their rubbish attempt at getting away from whatever was chasing them. Recognizing that we were in fact on our way to Chicago's south side, instinctively duck below the windows. I open my eyes to see my travel companion sitting upright with their face pressed against the glass. “What are you doing?” I asked. “I want to know what happened.” Dread, this was not the time to be a mocco neighbor. Chicago is not a war zone but it was very likely that shower of bullets could follow. The minivan’s reckl...

Just be a Cubicle Bible - Just Being Funny

“Sir, your claim was denied due to moisture. Yes, water is moisture.” It started as any other day at the call center - or so I thought. At 8:30 a.m. sharp I began working towards my self-imposed 80-call quota. Arguing with ignorant adults about the terms of their two-page contract which they didn’t read is not something you want to do more than once a day. Eighty was my sanity limit. I also had zero motivation to increase this corporations’ profits. On this particular call, the customer was upset because the warranty company was denying their claim for part which was ‘clearly covered on the contract’. However, the client failed to see that ‘failure due to moisture’ voided anything that was ‘clearly covered on the contract’. We were fifteen minutes into the call. I needed a break. “Sir, let me place you on hold while I review the terms with my Manager.” Instead of calling my Manager, I peeked over the cubicle partition to check in with my office BFF. From her exasperate...