Skip to main content

Chillin' and Relaxin' - Onicia Update - April 2018

Lead Image 2018

Yes, I'm alive. Just hanging around, enjoying my social media break, and waiting for spring. Um, should I say more? Nah, that's all I gotta say today. Got something I should see or someone I should collaborate with? Email me or shout at me on Twitter.

Published Writings

6 Lessons Learned Adapting My Feature Script into a Radio Drama (La-Screenwriter)
Writing is not just sitting at your computer and typing. We develop stories and characters while doing everyday activities.

JBF: Mr. Sowell Ain’t Doing So Well – Part 1 (The Daily Herald)
Aw, look at God giving me the opportunity to bless someone’s grandpa.

JBF: Mr. Sowell’s Brand New Ride - Part 2 (The Daily Herald)
What kind of Charmin’-Ultra-struggle flirting was going on?



Fangirlin'

Here are cool things I found online!

Stop Hitting Snooze on Your Wake Up Call (Breaking the Piggy Bank)
The first step in a lot of recovery programs is to admit that you have a problem. I think the same concept can apply to admitting that we have trouble with our finances before being able to move forward.

Lock Up That Dick (iO Comedy Network/Standard Delivery)
Collette Gregory and the Standard Delivery team created this music video. This video is funny, but sexual assault isn't! April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month.



Meet PHotographer Elizabeth McQuern (Voyage Chicago)
"The thing people tend to say most about my photography is that my subjects always look very relaxed, and you can see their true personality shining through, and that makes me very happy because that’s a big goal of mine."

Just 18 Funny Tweets for College Students (SMOSH/Ashley Moon)
If you are about to go to or are currently in college, you have our deepest condolences. Gone is the schedule of a healthy, sane person. Welcome to cup noodles and all-nighters with sh*tty coffee and awful professors who don’t give a flying f*ck about anything except their next cigarette. Enjoy your two to 10 year stay and laugh your way through the collegiate pain with these tweets.



Chi-Town Comedy Chat: KT Speetzen Is One Hilarious Mother Clucker (Rebellious Magazine)
After spending any amount of time with KT Speetzen, you find yourself awash in enthusiasm. The award-winning former teacher-turned stand-up comedian – who fills the Chicago suburb of La Grange with laughter as the founder and host of The Mother Cluckers – has a knack for empowering all in her orbit.



The Pretty Witty Podcast: Brown-less
This week we discuss how Taylor Swift may have deaded the Deadpool series, California making moves to keep restaurant workers safe, Olivia de Haviland's legal feud with Feud, and cis-hetero women and situational homophobia. Cheers!

Demystifying mental wellness in the Caribbean (Carry On Friends)
Shawna Marie Aarons-Cooke is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Psychotherapist who knows the stigma of mental wellness in the Caribbean Community.

Do you make cool things? Let's collaborate


Previous Onicia Update
Previous Hey Onicia
Want to join my club of consensual stalkers? Subscribe!
Created on St. Maarten. Based in Chicago. Onicia Muller (@OniciaMuller) writes, says funny things, and enjoys hanging with creative minds. 
Support the arts by buying me ice cream or telling your Twitter homies.

Popular posts from this blog

'The Haven' using Web Series to Launch Chicago TV Pilot - Women in Film

The Haven written by Mia McCullough features Sage Lorinne Miskel as Tasha (daughter) and Alex Dauphin as Crystal (mother) What do you do when you have an original TV pilot that explores a world and characters different from traditional Hollywood scripts? You do like Mia McCullough and Elizabeth Laidlaw and create a web series! THE HAVEN  is a web series covering an extensive period in the lives of the clients and staff of a domestic violence center. The staff forms the main cast. The clients are secondary characters.  Web series is a great storytelling tool for exploring characters and worlds. Compared to a TV show, these short format made-for-the-web productions often require fewer resources to produce. These scripts, which are usually under 30 minutes/pages, allow screenwriters to tell stories by and about underrepresented communities. Best of all, the finished content is immediately available to that community — #RepresentationMatters.  Mia and co-producer Elizabet

Flirty thumb wrestling - Just Being Funny

On our fourth date, Roberto gifted me his Christian dating book. Apparently, there are five dating levels. He was ready for us to enter the second level. Each level came with instructions for physical boundaries.  Level 3 was where things would – nay, could – get exciting. Then we could have “face-to-face” contact. I was almost certain that meant kissing, but from the way things were going, this could very well just be us rubbing our cheeks together. Maybe he was into more alternative forms of intimacy and wanted to experiment with rubbing our foreheads together. Ey, every lock has a key! No judgment. At level 2, we had limited hand holding and flirty thumb fights. I was only allowed to touch exposed body parts. If he wore a cap sleeve t-shirt, I could only touch him all the way up to the hem of that sleeve. If he wore a long sleeve button down, I could only touch up to his wrist. His body is a wonderland with restrictive visiting hours. But I'm not here to bash lifestyle cho

How to Afford Hired Help When You’re Still A Struggling Artist? - Hey Onicia

In an interview with 2 and A Bottle , they asked how I afforded to hire an assistant for creative ventures. I am pro paying people for their work because artists die from exposure; ‘likes’ and retweets do not pay the bills. Here’s how I’m able to pay people even though I’m still in that struggling artist phase. Hey Onicia is a series where I tap into my type-A side and answer questions from my friends about this starving artist life. If you find this helpful, share with your twitter homies or thank me with ice cream . Want to chat or collaborate? Holla at me ! First off, major side eye to people who blow mad cash on taxi rides, Beyonce concerts, and fast fashion while begging for free labor. Seriously, offering me five bucks so I can buy a pint of ice cream for things I do to pay the bills is less insulting than demanding it for free. Save up and pay full rate I wish everyone could get their asking price. If you can afford it, pay it. You can’t bui