Skip to main content

Holistic Cycle Awareness Class starting on the NEW MOON

Not related to comedy or storytelling BUT THIS IS MY BLOG AND I SUPPORT ALL MY FRIENDS!!!

(The all caps made me laugh.)

Hi friends!


I’m doing a FREE class series for the next 4 Mondays starting on the New Moon:

Holistic Cycle Awareness: Journey through the Menstrual / Fertility Cycle in 4 Phases



 Mondays, June 3, 10, 17, 24

 5:30 - 7 PM PST / 7:30 - 9PM CST  /  8:30 - 10PM EST


Each class will go through a layer of anatomy and physiology to help understand and connect to what’s happening each day of the month (or however long a cycle happens to be).

Then we’ll go deeper into each phase of the cycle: how it might look and feel, the energetics, symbolic, and emotional aspects.

Some of you may have taken a cycle awareness class with me before, but this will be a new format, more space for questions and sharing, and we’ll be leaning in to the moon cycle phases as a ritual for all of us to collectively get more in tuned with the fertility/menstrual cycle.

Each time I go through cycle anatomy and physiology, and each time I go through another personal cycle, I find a deeper understanding of this particular portal of the magic of natural cycles and find new levels of embodiment potential.



There are plenty of months where I'm less aware and less connected to my cycle throughout the month because I'm distracted by other things going on in my life.



But in the cycles when I'm in touch daily with my cycle, it brings me messages and teachings and I can keep learning about my body/nature and using it as a healing path.

Each cycle is an opportunity to connect to menstrual magic, release, death, and work with universal creation energy and rebirth in the fertile phase.

This class series could be especially helpful for you if you want to find a deeper connection to cycles for supporting your cycle health, you’re on a pre-conception journey, or if you're interested in learning the fertility awareness method of birth control, this would be a great introduction.



Even if you're already charting, having the community support and space to talk about our cycles is always so nourishing, healing, and empowering.


So if you want to go on this cycle awareness love journey starting on the new moon this Monday, send me a message to sign up and I will send you more details and a zoom link.

Also feel free to reach out with any questions.


Hope to see some of you there!

<3

Maya



NOTE: This class will be taught gender neutrally and all bodies and genders are welcome, whether you currently or ever had a menstrual cycle or not.


Class 1: June 3
Cycle Overview: Estrogen, Progesterone, and the Endometrium
Phase 1: Menstrual Flow, Early infertile days

New Moon Ritual- Waxing half moon – Winter

Class two: June 10
Cycle Overview: Cyclical Movements of the Uterus and Cervix 
Phase 2: Fertile wave - Cervical fluids – Follicular phase
Waxing half Moon to full Moon - Spring


Class 3: June 17
Cycle Overview: Hypothalamus-pituitary-ovarian (HPO) Axis and the Endocrine System
Phase 3: Ovulation - Post ovulation- Luteal Phase

Full Moon Ritual - Waning Half Moon – Summer

Class 4: June 24
Cycle Overview: Path for Holistic Healing - Holistic Cycle support - Cycles of Nature
Phase 4: Pre-Menstrual  - Ischemic Phase


Waning Half moon  -  New moon - Fall

Popular posts from this blog

'The Haven' using Web Series to Launch Chicago TV Pilot - Women in Film

The Haven written by Mia McCullough features Sage Lorinne Miskel as Tasha (daughter) and Alex Dauphin as Crystal (mother) What do you do when you have an original TV pilot that explores a world and characters different from traditional Hollywood scripts? You do like Mia McCullough and Elizabeth Laidlaw and create a web series! THE HAVEN  is a web series covering an extensive period in the lives of the clients and staff of a domestic violence center. The staff forms the main cast. The clients are secondary characters.  Web series is a great storytelling tool for exploring characters and worlds. Compared to a TV show, these short format made-for-the-web productions often require fewer resources to produce. These scripts, which are usually under 30 minutes/pages, allow screenwriters to tell stories by and about underrepresented communities. Best of all, the finished content is immediately available to that community — #RepresentationMatters.  Mia and co-producer Elizabet

Flirty thumb wrestling - Just Being Funny

On our fourth date, Roberto gifted me his Christian dating book. Apparently, there are five dating levels. He was ready for us to enter the second level. Each level came with instructions for physical boundaries.  Level 3 was where things would – nay, could – get exciting. Then we could have “face-to-face” contact. I was almost certain that meant kissing, but from the way things were going, this could very well just be us rubbing our cheeks together. Maybe he was into more alternative forms of intimacy and wanted to experiment with rubbing our foreheads together. Ey, every lock has a key! No judgment. At level 2, we had limited hand holding and flirty thumb fights. I was only allowed to touch exposed body parts. If he wore a cap sleeve t-shirt, I could only touch him all the way up to the hem of that sleeve. If he wore a long sleeve button down, I could only touch up to his wrist. His body is a wonderland with restrictive visiting hours. But I'm not here to bash lifestyle cho

How to Afford Hired Help When You’re Still A Struggling Artist? - Hey Onicia

In an interview with 2 and A Bottle , they asked how I afforded to hire an assistant for creative ventures. I am pro paying people for their work because artists die from exposure; ‘likes’ and retweets do not pay the bills. Here’s how I’m able to pay people even though I’m still in that struggling artist phase. Hey Onicia is a series where I tap into my type-A side and answer questions from my friends about this starving artist life. If you find this helpful, share with your twitter homies or thank me with ice cream . Want to chat or collaborate? Holla at me ! First off, major side eye to people who blow mad cash on taxi rides, Beyonce concerts, and fast fashion while begging for free labor. Seriously, offering me five bucks so I can buy a pint of ice cream for things I do to pay the bills is less insulting than demanding it for free. Save up and pay full rate I wish everyone could get their asking price. If you can afford it, pay it. You can’t bui